Monday, January 3, 2011

CIO

I should probably start this off my mentioning that I was even MORE disappointed this morning to find ZERO eggs in the Chicken Coop!!!! They are just teasing me....I can almost hear it, "lets just lay one egg so she eggs really excited and then we'll wait another 5 months to lay some more"!!!!

CIO = Crying It Out
I've had a really tough time getting Brooklinn to stay sleeping in her bed. She is still in a crib so it isn't a issue of her running all over the house. It is a issue of her wanting and thinking that she needs Mommy to sleep. Yes, this is probably my fault. I allow her to lay with me at bedtime to watch TV and cuddle until she falls asleep. It isn't until recently that she won't allow me to transfer her to her own bed. The second she feels my hands starting to remove from her body she bolts awake and screams. I don't have this issue at nap time - I just lay her in her bed, she cries for a few minutes and that is it. Nighttime is a different story. It isn't even that she is crying because the crying doesn't really last all that long. It is the fact that she will stand there and yell over and over and over again....MOMMY!!!! But that still isn't the problem. The problem is that Daddy (aka Jason) can't stand the sound of her distressed and anguished cries and screams...LOL - it really isn't that bad.

But how can you just ignore a face like this:



Last night I let her yell for about 1/2 hour...long enough that Daddy couldn't take it anymore and he came up and got her. So night number 1 = EPIC FAIL!!! He couldn't get her to stay asleep with him downstairs so she ended back upstairs in our bed where she immediately fell asleep. I was able to move her to her own bed around 12:30 - YES, she woke up and started fussing, so I stood there and rubbed her back and slowly made my way out of the room. She happily slept until 6AM. Still no real crying - just lots of yells for MOMMY - over and over and over again! I did NOT get up and get her until my alarm went off at 6:30.

We will try again tonight - bring on NIGHT 2!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going through the same thing. I have twins, a boy & a girl. My son sleeps through the night and will roll over and wake up for a few minutes, look around and then go back to sleep. However, my daughter, will wake up and want to play or cry. She wakes up and cries until she gets a bottle (which, I am trying to break myself) or she'll cry in her sleep and whine. Im trying to get her to sleep the whole night. I hope night 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 10 are well and by night 11, she goes to sleep all on her own!!!