Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brooklinn's 18 month check-up and SNOW

Brooklinn had her 18 month check-up yesterday! I can't believe that my little baby is already 1 1/2 years old! It seems like just last week she was waking up several times a night - oh wait....she was!!!! She has learned so much in the past 18 months and amazes me more everyday. I cannot believe how much she loves her big sissy JJ. I wish you could see how excited she gets when she hears the bus pull up out from at 3:24!! She starts screaming and running through the house, yelling JJ!! JJ!! JJ!!

She is starting to get a little too independent for me though and it makes me a little nervous at her lack of fear! Last night I left her in the well and capable (but not so watchful) eyes of her father - I had to run out to the chicken coop to put them to bed. In the 5 minutes (maybe) that I was gone, Brooklinn managed to go upstairs in her room and grab a handful of clothing. When I looked she was WALKING back down the stairs!!!! I hate kids and stairs - it's an accident waiting to happen and I don't want it to happen!!

We got about 6 inches of snow the night before last. It wasn't enough to close school but it was enough to keep Eian and JJ busy last night for a few hours. It was my plan to take Brooklinn out too but the wind started to blow and I deemed it too cold for her! We don't have any mountains on our property but we do have 1 very small "hill" and the deck stairs. The 2 of them kept busy sliding down the deck stairs for most of the evening. I overheard a discussion between the two of them when they came in to get warm. They were considering "sleigh riding" down the stairs in the house! Thankfully, I overheard this conversion and put the 2 of them straight! THERE WILL BE NO SLEIGH RIDING INSIDE THIS HOUSE!!! I posted about this on the Facebook wall and I was surprised to read about how many of my friends have actually done this! I don't know why I never about it when I was younger!!

0 comments: